Public Safety Honor Guards Compete Friday
TOWSON, MD (January 12, 2011) – Honor Guard teams from 14 Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services (DPSCS) institutions will compete Friday in Sykesville. This marks the second annual departmental Honor Guard competition.
Competition begins Friday morning at the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions gymnasium in Sykesville, MD. Media is invited to attend, beginning at 10 a.m. Please RSVP to make arrangements.
DPSCS Secretary Gary D. Maynard, Division of Correction Commissioner J. Michael Stouffer, Division of Pretrial Detention and Services Commissioner Wendell France and Randall Nero, Director of Patuxent Institution, will serve as judges.
DPSCS institutional Honor Guards serve at departmental Change of Leadership and other formal ceremonies, as well as at funerals across the state to honor fallen comrades.
The following institutions will be fielding teams:
- Eastern Correctional Institution in Westover
- Maryland Correctional Adjustment Center in Baltimore
- Maryland Correctional Institution – Hagerstown
- Maryland Correctional Institution for Women in Jessup
- Maryland Correctional Pre-Release System
- Maryland Correctional Training Center in Hagerstown
- Jessup Correctional Institution in Jessup
- Maryland Reception, Diagnostic and Classification Center in Baltimore
- Metropolitan Transition Center in Baltimore
- North Branch Correctional Institution in Cumberland
- Roxbury Correctional Institution in Hagerstown
- Western Correctional Institution in Cumberland
- Patuxent Institution in Jessup
- Division of Pretrial Detention and Services in Baltimore