Maryland's Correctional Officers
"Helping to Make Safe Communities"
Are you looking for a career that offers unique and rewarding challenges, excellent benefits, and numerous promotional opportunities? Consider employment with the Maryland Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services as a Correctional Officer! Correctional Officers are employed at facilities throughout the State of Maryland.
If you are looking for meaningful employment as a Criminal Justice professional, you can be one of those hired to join the largest Criminal Justice agency in Maryland.
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary, with cash overtime eligibility
- 20 year retirement
- The opportunity to join Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Shift differential pay
- Numerous Promotional Opportunities
- Paid Uniforms
- Excellent training
- Specialized assignments
- Stable Employment
As a permanent employee of the State of Maryland, you will also receive these benefits:
- A Cafeteria Plan providing subsidized medical, prescription, dental, vision, mental health/substance abuse coverage, with your portion of the premiums tax-free. A variety of plans and options are offered for employees and dependants.
- Term Life Insurance Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 6 Personal Leave days a year
- 10 - 25 days vacation a year (depending on length of service)
- 15 sick days a year if needed (Unused days may be accumulated with no limit and applied toward retirement benefits)
- 11 holidays a year
- 15 days of Military Leave per year
- Up to 5 years of military service may be applied toward retirement
- Eligibility to join State Employee Credit Union
- Free transportation on Maryland MTA
- The convenience of direct deposit on bi-weekly paydays
If you are 21 years old, and have a high school diploma or GED, we encourage you to find out more about this exciting employment opportunity
Still have questions about DPSCS employment? Be sure to check out our Employment FAQs section.
Questions or comments for HR Recruitment: HRRecruitment@dpscs.state.md.us