Maryland Police and Correctional Training CommissionsThe Maryland Community Crime Prevention Institute
The Maryland Community Crime Prevention Institute provides
"Crime Prevention for the 21st Century", a series of free crime prevention training presentations for community, business and law enforcement.
34th Annual Governor's Crime Prevention Awards Ceremony and Luncheon
Tuesday, February 4, 2014
Please mark your calendars for the 34th Annual Governor's Crime Prevention Awards Ceremony and Luncheon.
The new date is Tuesday, February 4, 2014 at the same location, Michael's Eighth Avenue, 7220 Grayburn Drive in Glen Burnie.
Registration is from 10:00 a.m. to 10:45 a.m., followed by the Awards Ceremony and Luncheon.
MCCPI provides training on a variety of crime prevention topics. Should your agency or organization be interested in any of these topics, contact the Maryland Community Crime Prevention Institute to discuss available resources.
- Law Enforcement
- Residential Crime Prevention Programs (4-day)
- Commercial Crime Prevention Programs (5-day)
- D.A.R.E. Entry Level, Expansion, and In-Service
- Co-Sponsorships of workshops on prevention related topics.
- Community Groups, Business, etc.
- Personal Security
- Residential Security
- Commercial Security
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design
- Community Policing
- Violence Prevention
MCCPI also provides on-site technical assistance to organizations and communities desiring to organize or to further develop a crime prevention or community policing program. The Institute can assist you in developing strategies specific to your needs in many ways.
- Mobilizing Communities
- Revitalizing prevention efforts
- Building partnerships
- Networking with crime prevention specialists
- Facilitating workshops & seminars
- Providing technical and educational assistance
- Crime Prevention
- D.A.R.E. services
The Institute serves as a resource center for crime prevention information in Maryland. Reference materials and audio-visuals are available for loan upon request. FREE crime prevention brochures are available in limited quantities. A number of brochures are available online in PDF format as well.
Partnerships & Coalitions
MCCPI participates in many crime prevention coalitions, partnership, committees and networks at the national, state, and local level. The Institute supports such organizations as:
- National Crime Prevention Council
- Maryland Chiefs of Police Association
- Maryland Sheriffs Association
- Maryland Crime Prevention Association
- Maryland Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Maryland D.A.R.E. Officers' Association
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Community Policing Institute
- Maryland Network Against Domestic Violence
- Maryland Triad/S.A.L.T. Network
- Maryland Elder/Vulnerable Adult Abuse Prevention Committee
The Institute supports, promotes and facilitates several special crime prevention projects each year. Among them are:
- 2013 Annual Governor's Crime Prevention Award Winners
- National Crime Prevention Month Campaign (October)
- "National Night Out" Campaign (August)
- National D.A.R.E. Day (April)
- Maryland Vehicle Theft Prevention Campaign Hotline (1-800-96-THEFT)
Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions
6852 4th Street
Sykesville, MD 21784
More MPCTC Information
- PSETC Home
- Commission Directory
- Commission Membership
- Public Safety Officer Training
- Community Corrections Unit
- Administrative and Support Program
- Police Entry Level Training Program (PELTP)
- Correctional Entry Level Training Program (CELTP)
- Maryland Community Crime Prevention Institute (MCCPI)
- Drug Abuse Resistance Education (DARE)
- leadership Development Institute
- Directions to PSETC Facilities